Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

Hi everyone! How has 2013 been so far? Anyway, I've been meaning to review the Diorskin Nude foundation for some time now.

Started my hunt for a new bottle of liquid foundation some months back as the previous one I was using was about to finish. Read so many reviews and finally narrowed my choices down to Diorskin Nude, Chanel's VitalumiƩre Aqua as I was looking for something sheer and light that I could wear every day. Diorskin Nude won based on how the sales assistant/beauty advisor responded to me. As they didn't seem too eager to sell me a bottle of foundation in Chanel (made me try the foundation on the back of my hand instead of my face), I decided to give my business to Dior. The moment the Dior BA learned that I was interested in trying the foundation, she sat me down and off we went. Needless to say, I went home with a bottle of Diorskin Nude. So good customer service DOES matter!


And so I have been using this almost every day for about 6 weeks now. Which I think is fairly long enough to warrant a review. 

I am using Diorskin Nude in 030. It is a beige with pink undertones and is a perfect match to my skintone. Dior has many shades available for this range so it shouldn't be a problem for most Asian women.

One pump on the back of my hand

Its texture reminds me somewhat of tinted moisturiser- light and creamy. It has just a hint of fragrance, which didn't put me off  (since I do love having scented makeup and skincare). One pump is just right for my face, for my usual daytime makeup, if I am applying it with my fingers. With a brush I find that I need 2 pumps. Sometimes I feel like brushes swallow my foundation! 

Spread out
I feel that it works and looks best when applied with my fingers rather than a brush. I apply it onto my face as I would a moisturiser, only after I'm done with my skincare (obviously!) and have applied a makeup base.

Done!
As you can see, it gives a sheer coverage on the back of my hand. Once I'm done with my barely-there daytime makeup, here's how it looks on my face: 

In the nude!!
I usually finish it off with a dusting of Sephora Mattifying Foundation Powder, Diorskin Nude Compact Powder or my beloved Guerlain Meteorites. You could walk around all day without feeling that you have foundation on. The only problem is, in less than 4 hours, I do get a 'glow', but on my T-zone!!! Aaaargh! 

I do like this foundation, only I don't like it enough to repurchase it, simply for the fact that maybe it's a little too oily for my skin. I think it would suit skins that are slightly on the drier side, or if you are perpetually in an air-conditioned room. If you are constantly on the go like me, you might have to constantly have a pack of oil-control blotters on hand to undo or minimise the unwanted 'glow' it gives you. 

It retails for RM 145 at all Dior counters. 

What's your take on this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment